Higher Learning Commission 2018 Reaccreditation Process
Viterbo University is preparing for an October 2018 Higher Learning Commission comprehensive review and site visit for the reaffirmation of our institutional accreditation. This website provides information on the steering committee, offers opportunities for input, and hosts the current assurance argument drafts.
Viterbo is entering this process in the true spirit of self study. Our goal is to represent where we are as an institution in response to the criteria, what successes we can claim, and what gaps we plan to address. Full participation from the campus community is critical to a successful report and visit.
Opportunities for Input
Meetings are being scheduled with student, staff, administrative, faculty, alumni and community groups to address specific criteria. In addition, there are five open sessions for general input on the criteria. The argument draft is linked below, along with a survey for input.
- Argument Draft (requires university login)
- Feedback Survey
- Open Meetings:
- March 6, 11:30, Brophy 123 - Criterion 1: Mission
- March 6, 3:30, Brophy 123 - Criterion 2: Integrity
- March 21, 8:00, RH Board Room - Criteria 3&4: Teaching Quality, Support, & Effectiveness
- March 22, 3:30, RH Board Room - Criteria 3&4: Teaching Quality, Support, & Effectiveness
- March 24, 2:30, Brophy 123 - Criteria 5: Planning
Members of the steering committee are available to answer questions or receive feedback on the argument draft.
- Co-Chair, Assurance Argument: Naomi Stennes-Spidahl
- Co-Chair, Evidence File: Alissa Oelfke
- Administrative Division Representative: Jill Brye
- Administrative Representative: Deena Murphy
- Dean Representative: Tim Schorr
- Faculty Representative: Michael Lopez-Kaley
- Graduate Programs Representative: Sara Cook
- Staff Representative: Greg Erpenbach
- Student Development Representative: Marci Kuhrt