Nursing Research on the Green
Lisa Golden, B.S.N., RN; Justin Maslowski, B.S.N., B.S.I.E., RN
Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare School of Nurse Anesthesia
- Background: During an anesthetic anesthesia providers frequently manipulate oral structures and have potential to cause damage.
- Significance: The most common claim in anesthia related litigation is dental damage. Furthermore, there are health risks involved with dental damage.
- Purpose/objective: This review aims to identify tools to assess, prevent and manage cases of dental damage.
- Methods: A review of the current anesthesia literature will be performed.
- Results: Anesthesia involves a risk of dental damage and should be addressed.
- Clinical Implications: Dental damage can cause patient dissatisfaction as well as serious health concerns.
Return to 2012 Abstracts