What is Pastoral Education?
A collaborative effort of the Diocese of La Crosse and Viterbo University to call forth, prepare and enable people of Gospel faith through an accredited program of pastoral education and formation to respond to their baptismal call to participate in the mission of Christ as He lives in the Church and in the world.
Who is it for?
It is preferred that people complete at least one of the following (exceptions could be made):
- Lay Ministry
- Advanced Religious Certification
- Youth Ministry Certificate Program
- Diocesan Biblical Institute
- and people who are currently active in parish ministry.
What will I get?
Persons completing the Pastoral Education Program will be awarded a certificate. Undergraduate credits can be applied toward a bachelors degree.
How long will it take?
The program is designed to meet one Saturday per month for nine months per year for two years for non-traditional students working full-time.
What courses are offered?
The Certificate in Pastoral Ministry requires 26 hours including:
- RLST 230- Theology of Justice and Peace - 3 semester hours
- RLST 260- Servant Leadership - 3 semester hours
- RLST 345- The Catholic Community - 3 semester hours
- RLST 360- Theology of Pastoral Ministry - 3 semester hours
- RLST 425- Christology - 3 semester hours
- RLST 450- Sacraments and Sacramentality - 3 semester hours
- RLST 487- Experiential Learning: Internship - 8 semester hours
Where can I get more information?
For more information call Tom Thibodeau, Coordinator at 608-796-3705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.