Viterbo students are involved in numerous projects as part of their clinical experiences! What follows is a VERY PARTIAL LIST.
- Teach nutrition classes for patients and their families who are recovering from heart surgery.
- Conduct health screenings at area churches that include blood pressure, body composition analysis, and blood glucose checks.
- Evaluate the sanitation and safety practices in an elementary school’s kitchen.
- Evaluate the nutritional status of renal dialysis patients.
- Plan, market, and implement a nutrition badge for area girl scouts.
- Provide the nutrition expertise in a care planning meeting for a nursing home resident with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Conduct plate waste studies in an elementary school’s breakfast program.
- Teach a person with diabetes to manage their disease through good nutrition.
PowerPoint slide showmade by students for Registered Dietitian Day.
The dietetic interns spent some time with local veterans and taught them some cooking fundamentals. Their story was featured in the Wisconsin State DVA newsletter.