Viterbo students are involved in numerous projects as part of their clinical experiences! What follows is a VERY PARTIAL LIST.
- Teach nutrition classes for patients and their families who are recovering from heart surgery.
- Conduct health screenings at area churches that include blood pressure, body composition analysis, and blood glucose checks.
- Evaluate the sanitation and safety practices in an elementary school’s kitchen.
- Evaluate the nutritional status of renal dialysis patients.
- Plan, market, and implement a nutrition badge for area girl scouts.
- Provide the nutrition expertise in a care planning meeting for a nursing home resident with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Conduct plate waste studies in an elementary school’s breakfast program.
- Teach a person with diabetes to manage their disease through good nutrition.
PowerPoint slide showmade by students for Registered Dietitian Day.