Viterbo University Fine Arts Center Announces 2017-18 Bright Star Season
May 24, 2017
Contact Jen Roberdeau at 608-796-3738 or email@example.com
VITERBO UNIVERSITY FINE ARTS CENTER ANNOUNCES 2017-2018 BRIGHT STAR SEASON
LA CROSSE, Wis. – The Viterbo University Fine Arts Center has announced its 2017-2018 Bright Star Season, which will feature a variety of performances ranging from classical and contemporary music to ballet, Broadway, and much more.
The season opens Wednesday, Sept. 27 with the touching play Tuesdays with Morrie, the autobiographical story of Mitch Albom, an accomplished journalist driven solely by his career, and Morrie Schwartz, his former college professor. The role of Morrie will be played by Jamie Farr, best known as Klinger from the hit TV show M*A*S*H.
The national tour of the Tony, Grammy, and Olivier Award®-winning musical Jersey Boys will visit the Viterbo Fine Arts Center for two performances Feb. 21-22. Jersey Boys tells the true story of Rock and Roll Hall of Famers The Four Seasons – Frankie Valli, Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito, and Nick Massi – and how four blue-collar kids became one of the greatest successes in pop music history.
The upcoming season also includes the return of some audience favorites, including Yamato, the drummers of Japan, on Feb. 11, the King’s Singers, a classical vocal ensemble, on Nov. 14, and the Moscow Festival Ballet with their performance of Giselle on Jan. 23. Viterbo students will also feature in the series as the theatre and music theatre department presents 9 to 5, The Musical, based on the popular movie, and A Viterbo Christmas, featuring the university’s choirs performing holiday favorites.
“This season features a mix of performance styles, from Broadway musicals to world music and classical ballet,” said Michael Ranscht, director of the Fine Arts Center. “It is our mission to present diverse and quality arts programming, and we feel that the upcoming season helps us accomplish that with the variety and caliber of arts experiences we can offer.”
The 2017-2018 Bright Star Season full schedule, all of which will occur in the Fine Arts Center Main Theatre, includes:
- Tuesdays with Morrie starring Jamie Farr – Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Viterbo University presents 9 to 5, The Musical – Friday – Saturday, Oct. 13-14 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 15 at 2 p.m.
- Diavolo – Architecture in Motion® – Sunday, Oct. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- The King’s Singers – Tuesday, Nov. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- A Viterbo Christmas – Saturday, Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2 p.m.
- Moscow Festival Ballet: Giselle – Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Yamato: The Drummers of Japan – Sunday, Feb. 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Jersey Boys – Wednesday – Thursday, Feb. 21-22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Rhythm of the Dance – Thursday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m.
- Bryan Anthony presents Celebrating Sinatra: His Life in Music – Friday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m.
Season tickets are on sale now through Aug. 11 and can be purchased by contacting the Viterbo Box Office at 608-796-3100. Packages range from $112 for six performances to $312 for the full season. More information about the performances may be found at www.viterbo.edu/fac.