April 8, 2004
Contact Anne Ellefson @ 796-3807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
VITERBO TO HOST ALCOHOL AWARENESS WEEK ACTIVITIES APRIL 18-23
LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Viterbo University’s Connect Club will be coordinating a week of awareness events, educational sessions, and alternative activities during Alcohol Awareness Week Sunday, April 18 through Friday, April 23.
Highlighting the week will be a presentation at 4 p.m. Monday, April 19 entitled “Life After…” by John Ottens, who was paralyzed in an accident with a drunk driver. The Candle Luminary, a ceremony at which candles are lit at dusk to remember or honor people whose lives have been affected by alcohol and other drugs will be on Wednesday, April 21.
Here is a complete schedule of Alcohol Awareness Week events at Viterbo:
Sunday, April 18
- International Film Fest & Mocktails: 7:30 p.m. in the Union, sponsored by Global Rhythms.
Monday, April 19
- “Life After…” presentation by victim of alcohol-related crash, sponsored by VSNA at 4 p.m. in Reinhart Center, Rm 127.
- Bacardi Mixer Mania: Non-alcoholic beverages, food, and games in the Student Union at 9 p.m.
Tuesday, April 20
- Sex Jeopardy: I’ll Take Chlamydia for $200: Presentation/game show with prizes in Marian Hall North 3rd Floor Lounge. Students learn the perils of mixing alcohol and sexual activity.
Wednesday, April 21
- Viterbo Record Day: Fun competitive events (i.e., hoola-hooping, 3-legged races, water balloon toss, etc.) for prizes and the title of Viterbo record holder at 5 p.m. in the courtyard behind Murphy Center.
- “Get Trashed:” Students will meet in the Union at 5:30 p.m. to walk to Riverside Park and clean up trash and recyclables.
- Ping Pong Tournament: Students play ping-pong for prizes from 7-9 p.m. in the Union and in the basements of Treacy and MacDonald Halls.
- BYOB/$1-Off Night at Mugshots: $1 off your first beverage at Mugshots from 8-10 p.m., plus bring your own banana and get a free ice cream sundae.
- Candle Luminary: View this meaningful ceremony where candles will be lighted at dusk in the courtyard behind the Student Union to remember or honor those affected by alcohol and other drugs.
Thursday, April 22
- Journey to a Life Free of Alcohol and Other Drugs: Presentation at 4 p.m. in Robers Conference Room in the Library.
- Sex Jeopardy: I’ll Take Chlamydia for $200: Presentation/game show with prizes in Marian Hall South 3rd Floor Lounge.
Friday, April 23
- Buy a Brat, Get a Beer--Root Beer, That Is: Brats and trimmings for sale from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in front of the Student Activity Center, sponsored by the Criminal Justice, Sociology, and Broad Field Social Studies Club.
- Marian Hall-a-Palooza: Fun activities in floor lounges at 9 p.m. and karaoke in the Union at 10:30 p.m.