March 23, 2001
SCHOOL OF NURSING CELEBRATES 30 YEARS WITH REUNION
LA CROSSE, Wis.--Thirty years have passed since the first class of Viterbo nurses graduated and now, the first nursing master’s program class will graduate.
The Viterbo University School of Nursing is celebrating its milestone with an Anniversary Reunion on Saturday, April 21, that features time for professional education, shared memories, and fun.
The conference portion of the reunion features keynote speaker Kathleen Poi, clinical professor at the University of Wisconsin School of Nursing. Poi will discuss "New Code of Ethics in Nursing?Guidance for a New Millennium." In 1996, she served on the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics Project Task Force. They revised the current Code of Nurses and recommended changes that reflect nursing issues of today.
The reunion schedule is:
- 9 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast, FAC Lobby
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome and update from Silvana Richardson, dean of Viterbo’s School of Nursing, followed by the keynote speaker
- 11:15 a.m. Breakout sessions presented by alumni
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. Breakout sessions presented by alumni
- 2:45 p.m. Campus tour
- 5 p.m. Mass in San Damiano Chapel
- 6 p.m. Nursing Reunion Banquet in Marian Hall Dining Room with a program that features a style show of clothing from college days, including old uniforms
"The event is a chance for nursing alumni to come back to Viterbo and see the many changes that have taken place since they graduated. We want them to come back home to Viterbo and celebrate their profession, rekindle friendships, and make new memories," said Richardson.
Up to 3.9 contact hours in continuing education will be awarded for the keynote speaker and breakout sessions. The CEU presentations will cost $2 per person and should be paid with event registration.
For cost and registration information, contact Sally Emerson, Alumni Office, at 608-796-3072 or email email@example.com.