August 29, 2000
FACULTY EXHIBIT IS FIRST 2000-01 VITERBO ART DEPARTMENT GALLERY SHOWING
LA CROSSE, Wis.— The Viterbo University Art Department is holding a Faculty Show as its first exhibit of this academic year. The show runs Wednesday, Sept. 6 through Friday, Sept. 29 with an opening reception on Sept. 6, from 7:30-9 p.m.
- Tom Bartel - figurative ceramic sculpture which investigates the sometimes uncomfortable relationship between clothing and growth.
- Diane Crane - series of plant portraits done in mixed media.
- Peter Fletcher - large, detailed oil paintings with classical references from Northern Flemish renaissance and sixteenth century India. Peter will also include five small drawings he created while in the hospital undergoing a bone marrow transplant.
- Edward Rushton - graphic design including postcard design, book art, and typographic experiments.
- Lisa Schoenfielder - wood cut prints.
The reception is free and open to the public. There is no admission charge to the Gallery, which is located on the third floor of the Viterbo Fine Arts Center on the corner of Jackson and Ninth Streets in La Crosse. The Gallery is open during regular school hours or at other times by request.
The Viterbo University Art Department offers degree programs in Studio Arts, Art Education, and Graphic Design.