Students are invited to participate based on a selected target audience. However, anyone can nominate oneself to participate by going on the Society's national website (www.societyleadership.org) or by contacting the Office of Campus Activities.
To be inducted as a member of the Society, students must complete four requirements:
- Orientation Session (Choose one):
- Monday, September 12, 6 p.m., NRC 196
- Tuesday, September 20, 6 p.m., NRC 196
- Leadership Training Day: Students must attend this training session that focuses on exploring their challenges, recognizing their strengths, identifying their passion, and setting up a personal plan to initiate the change needed to move forward. (A pending member must attend Orientation prior to attending a Leadership Training Day.)
- Sunday, September 25, 3 p.m., NRC 196
- Video Broadcast Presentations: Students must attend a minimum of three of the six video broadcast presentations by nationally-known leaders. Six broadcast presentations must be attended for the National Engaged Leader Award (NELA).
- Tuesday, October 4, 6-7:30 p.m., NRC 196
- Tuesday, October 18, 6-7:30 p.m., NRC 196
- Wednesday, November 9, 6-7:30 p.m., NRC 196
- Tuesday, February 7, 6-7:30 p.m., NRC 196
- Tuesday, February 21, 6-7:30 p.m., NRC 196
- Wednesday, March 22, 6-7:30 p.m., NRC 196
- Success Networking Team (SNT) Meetings: Students must attend at least three SNT meetings and have three SNT online submissions approved. SNT meetings are designed to encourage students to work together and provide peer coaching around achieving personal and professional goals. (A pending member must attend Leadership Training Day before being assigned to a SNT.) Six SNT meetings must be completed for the National Engaged Leader Award (NELA). Dates and meeting locations are to be determined by SNT group members
To qualify for induction, all members' work must be completed and submitting prior to midnight on Monday, March 27, 2017. Pending members will be inducted during the spring semester into the National Society of Leadership and Success on Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Ideally, membership requirements would be completed within the academic year; however, if they cannot be completed within the academic year, a pending member has until they graduate to complete the requirements.
Viterbo's Membership Chapter (After Induction)
The National Society for Leadership and Success is an honor society. Once you are inducted, it is up to you regarding your involvement as a member. There is no requirement of you; however, we encourage you to continue your leadership growth. Membership opportunities through the national organization can be found here: www.societyleadership.org.
To get involved, please contact the Office of Campus Activities at 608-796-3807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.