Audition Information for Prospective Music Majors and Minors
Prospective music majors and minors are required to complete an audition for the music faculty. Acceptance to the music program is contingent upon applying and being accepted to Viterbo University.
- Prospective music majors should perform two contrasting pieces on either voice or piano, preferably from memory.
- Prospective music minors should perform one piece on either voice or piano, preferably from memory.
- Sight sing, match pitches, and sight read at the piano.
- Complete an informal interview with the faculty.
- Prospective music majors should submit a résumé and a letter of recommendation from a music teacher.
Please note that a faculty accompanist will be provided for the music auditions.
Audition Dates for 2013-2014
- Saturday, January 11, 2014
- Friday, February 7, 2014
- Monday, February 17, 2014
Music Talent Scholarships
The Music Department awards 7 Music Talent Scholarships to incoming music majors on the basis of the music auditions. Each scholarship is in the amount of $1000 and is renewable each year the student enrolls as a music major. Prospective students who audition by March 15 are given priority scholarship consideration. Those who audition after March 15 may be eligible to receive scholarships that have not yet been awarded.
Scheduling an Audition
To schedule a music audition, or for more information, contact:
Sue Hauser, Administrative Assistant
School of Fine Arts
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI 54601