Full Recital Permission Hearing
All students giving a Full Recital (MUPI 490 or MUVO 490) are required to complete a Full Recital Permission Hearing for faculty in their major area (piano or voice) no less than thirty days before the recital. Students should consult with faculty members prior to setting of the hearing date and time. The date and time of the audition should be signed out in the Recital Hall Reservation Book in the Fine Arts Center Office.
Student responsibilities for the Full Recital Permission Hearing:
- Prepare the entire Full Recital program of music from memory. The music should be of contrasting styles and periods; for singers, in at least four languages.
- Set up a hearing date and time and communicate it in writing to the committee members and accompanist.
- The committee should consist of the faculty in the major applied area (piano or voice).
- Prepare a printed program for the committee members.
- Complete the "Full Recital Permission Hearing Form" and submit it to your applied teacher.
- The committee will notify the student of Full Permission, Permission with Conditions, or Denial.
MUPI 490 Full Recital Permission Hearing form - PIANO (pdf)
MUVO 490 Full Recital Permission Hearing form - VOICE (pdf)