- Dual certification in K–12 general music and 6–12 choral music
- Strong reputation for producing caring and competent teachers
- Student chapters of Music Educators National Association and American Choral Directors Association
- High job placement rate for graduates
- Comprehensive curriculum in performance, pedagogy, and opera
- Full scale productions of operas, oratorios, and musicals
- Four choral ensembles that tour nationally and internationally
- Student winners and finalists in the Metropolitan Opera, Wisconsin NATS, and Schubert Club competitions
- Comprehensive curriculum in performance and pedagogy
- Five newly restored Steinway grand pianos
- French-style William Martin harpsichord
- Numerous performing opportunities in solo repertoire, accompanying, and chamber music
- Visiting artists and clinicians from Indiana University, Oberlin College, University of Texas, University of Minnesota, Miami University, and others
Bachelor of Arts in Music
Students who complete this program obtain a liberal arts degree with an emphasis in music (voice or piano).
Bachelor of Music in Music Education
Students who complete this program are qualified to apply for K–12 general/6–12 choral music certification through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Bachelor of Music in Music Performance
This program offers emphases in voice and piano. Students who complete this program attend graduate music programs, audition for opera companies and choral groups, become private studio teachers, or work as freelance musicians.
Sacred Music Minor (music majors)
Sacred Music Minor (non-music majors)