Mathy Center Scheduling Policy
Classification of Events
Internal Regular Events and Activities:
- Boys and Girls Club and Viterbo University Rec Sports Dept. programming
- Boys and Girls Club and Viterbo University Rec Sports drop-in use
- Viterbo University Athletics Department
Internal Special Events or Activities:
- Boys and Girls Club and Viterbo University Rec Sports tournaments
- Boys and Girls Club and Viterbo University Rec Sports special events and practices
- All university and Boys and Girls Club recurring events
(i.e. Viterbo Community Health Fair)
All External Users
All scheduling will be done as collaboration between the user groups.
- Boys and Girls Club and Viterbo University Rec Sports Dept. programs and events
- Viterbo University student drop-in use (open times which will be left unscheduled)
- Viterbo University Athletics Department leagues and camps
- Viterbo University Athletics Department practices at designated time. Priority will be given to in season / upcoming season sports.
- All other Viterbo University events
- External Users
Priority is defined as the order to which user groups may schedule the shared spaces. This does not mean a user higher on the list can overtake a reserved time by another group.
3-Gym WEEKEND-Regular Program Hours Reservation Policy
From Friday 4pm – Sun 4pm, each user group may reserve and program the 3 courts for no more than 25 days mid-August through mid-May. Typically Athletics will be able to reserve no more than 20 days mid-August through mid-May.
Boys and Girls Club, Rec Sports Dept., and Athletics Dept. must turn in Mathy Center use requests in be set deadlines. Each user will need to provide all requests for their department as one, not as separate entities. All program requests will be evaluated at one time by both the Viterbo and Boys and Girls Club Site Directors. Request deadlines are as follows:
Academic Year: Third Monday of August. Summer: Third Monday of January
A schedule for the upcoming semester should be available by the end of given week.
A minimum of three month notice for large one-time special event requests. All requests will be evaluated and notifications of confirmation will be provided within 7 days form when the request was received. The facility lease request form must be completed.
For regular requests to use the shared spaces are to be made at least 1 week prior to the start of an event. Reservation requests will be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of requests will be provided within 1 – 2 business days.
To reserve either of the Mathy Center conference rooms, contact Danita Doerre at (608) 796-3747 or email@example.com.
B. Event Management
Coaching staff are responsible for all duties surrounding event management. Coaches should provide adequate supervision for their participants. Coaches should work with Physical Plant, Security and the Director of Recreational Sports to ensure areas such as facility access for visitors and participants, security, facility and custodial needs are planned out in advance.
** There may be exceptions to the scheduling policy which will be evaluated by both the Boys and Girls Club Site Director and the Viterbo University Recreational Sports Director on a case-by-case basis. Scheduling request conflicts may occur and if so, will be reviewed by both the Boys and Girls Club Site Director and the Viterbo University Recreational Sports Director.
Usage Guidelines (Outside of scheduled use)
1. Open gym, or drop-in, use is unscheduled time where the courts are open to the general student user. All individual students may use the Gym at these times.
2. No more than 5 student-athletes participating in their particular sport during an open gym time.
3. Softball and baseball is not allowed in the Gym unless it is under coaches’ supervision.
4. Soccer balls are OK, but cannot travel above waist height.