Areas of Use
The fitness center provides patrons with the ability to work out in a controlled environment. The center has free weights, weight machines, cardio equipment, mats, and other equipment associated with weight lifting.
The fitness center is a dedicated area for use by Viterbo University and select Boys and Girls Club full-time staff. To use the fitness center, an individual needs to be at least 18 years old.
A patron must present their ID to gain access to the fitness center. This is to ensure that the Mathy Center members are able to use the facility as it is appropriated. Organized athletic team practices are not allowed to occur in the fitness center.
The fitness center is located on second floor on the left side of the building next to the track.
- Fitness Center Users are current Viterbo students, employees, paid alumni with a valid ID, and full-time Boys and Girls Club Staff with an approved ID. All Users must use their Viterbo ID to enter the Fitness Center.
- No children under the age of 18 are permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Fitness Center Attendants are on duty to enforce all rules and prevent misuse of the equipment. Attendants are NOT instructors, and are not authorized to give instruction on the equipment.
- Volunteer spotters are recommended when using free weights.
- Fitness Center attendants will not spot Users.
- FULL T-shirts are required at all times. T-shirts must cover the entire back, torso, and shoulders.
- Sports bras, bathing suit tops, halter-tops, etc. are not acceptable.
- No street shoes – only clean and dry athletic-type shoes are allowed in the Fitness Center (no sandals or flip-flops).
- No food or open beverages are permitted.
- Only bottled drinks in plastic containers with screw on lids are permitted.
- Be considerate by allowing others to work in between your multiple sets or repetitions.
- All equipment should remain in the Fitness Center.
- Wipe down equipment after each use.
- All weights and equipment are to be returned to the proper location after use.
- Chalk use is not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Be aware and courteous of others around you.
Rec Sports has a variety of equipment for patrons. All cardio equipment is manufactured by Precor with the exception of one piece, the SciFit. The weight machines and free weight area is manufactured by Magnum. There are many different pieces of equipment in the Fitness Center available for patron use.
Click below to find out more about the fitness equipment we have in our Fitness Center!