Program Requirements and Courses
We offer degrees in Mathematics and Mathematics Education (to prepare students to teach at the high school level). We also offer minors in Mathematics, and Mathematics Education (to prepare students to teach mathematics at the K-8 level).
Major in Mathematics
- Core curriculum and mission seminars (see catalog)
- MATH 220: Calculus I (4 credits)
- MATH 221: Calculus II (4 credits)
- MATH 230: Elements of Statistics (3 credits)
- MATH 260: Introduction to Abstract math (4 credits)
- PHYS 260, 270: University Physics I (4 credits)
- MATH 320: Calculus II (4 credits)
- MATH 321: Differential Equations (3 credits)
- MATH 330: Probability (3 credits)
- MATH 340: Linear Algebra (3 credits)
- MATH 344: Abstract Algebra (4 credits)
- MATH 365: Mathematical Modeling (3 credits)
- MATH 420: Real Analysis (4 credits)
- MATH 450: Geometry (3 credits)
- MATH 499: Mathematics Seminar (2 credits)
The mathematics major requires coursework from the liberal arts core and mathematics major courses. Refer to your undergraduate catalog for the specific requirements.
It’s important to pay close attention to the catalog to assure that you stay on schedule for graduation. Consult your advisor with any questions or to keep him or her abreast of your progress. Don’t forget that your advisor is here to help keep you on track.