MATHEMATICS EDUCATION AT VITERBO
Mathematics is a beautiful and fascinating subject area, which explores many different concepts, particularly patterns, space and change. Not only is Mathematics fun and engaging, but it provides a solid foundation in logical and critical thinking and unique problem solving skills. Because of this, Math professionals are desired by a variety of employers, which provide them with regular opportunities to think creatively to find new ways of solving problems.
The Viterbo mathematics program provides students with a sound understanding of basic mathematical concepts, principles, and processes applied to real world examples. Graduates are ready for in-demand careers in business and industry, government, secondary teaching, or graduate school.
- Opportunities for research with faculty members
- Mathematics major is designed to allow students with a second major or multiple minors to graduate in four years
- Actuarial science tract is a math major with a business minor that includes courses in finance and economics
- Access to industry-standard software for simulations and processing and analyzing data
- Opportunities for students to gain practical experience as a tutor or supplemental instructor
- Project-based course in mathematical modeling and active learning in all courses
- Actuarial science
- Business Management
- Medicine and Life Science
- Sales and Marketing