MAE with Cross-categorical Special Education License
MAE with WI Cross-categorical Special Education License
Viterbo's unique MAE with WI Cross-categorical Special Education 801 License program prepares teachers to strengthen their instructional practices, increase achievement for all students, and become educational leaders of the future. As a component of the Cross-Categorical Special Education License, educators will select one of the following emphasis areas to complement their program:
- Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD #811)
- Intellectual Disabilities (ID #810)
- Emotional Behavioral Disabilities (EBD #830).
In addition, educators will specify the developmental area in which they are seeking licensure:
- Middle-childhood to early-adolescent (MC-EA) grades 1-8
- Early-adolescent to adolescent (EA-A) grades 5-12.
This program consists of 34-36 graduate credits:
- 15-credits of core coursework. Core course descriptions are provided on the Course Description menu.
- 19-21 credits of coursework specific to the Cross-categorical Special Education 801 license. Course descriptions, schedules, and licensing information is available on the Cross-categorical webpage. Your advisor will assist you in determining the correct course selection and sequence.
For questions regarding the MAE with WI Cross-categorical Special Education 801 program, contact an advisor listed below.
Master of Arts in Education Program Specialist/Advisor
Cross-categorical Program Specialist/Advisor