How to Apply
How to Apply for Admission into Master of Arts in Education Program
Admission Requirements: Admission requirements for the Master of Arts in Education programs include the following:
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA for 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution in order to be admitted in good standing
- Earned teaching or administrative license
- One academic reference contact required for Wisconsin Educational Leadership programs; two academic reference contacts required for Iowa Educational Leadership programs.
Application to Program: Applicants are required to complete the online application in its entirety and to submit the following supplemental items:
- An official transcript, evidencing the baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited, degree-granting institution. Transcripts must be requested and sent directly from the degree-granting institution to Viterbo University, Admission Operations, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601. We also accept electronic transcripts through Parchment, National Clearinghouse, and Credentials Solutions. Please select "Office of Admission - Traditional Programs" as your destination, if given more than one option when ordering electronic transcripts. Faxed, emailed, hand-delivered or marked “issued to student” transcripts are not acceptable.
- A copy of the applicant’s current teaching license
- Three-part narrative available within the online application (instructions are available on the 'Resources' tab)
- Completed Promissory note
- Background check as requested
Transfer Courses: Up to six (6) credits of graduate work in education topic areas taken within the last seven (7) years may be submitted for transfer consideration as elective credits. Official transcripts showing the successful (grade B or higher) completion of these courses must be submitted at the time of application to the program to be considered.
Graduate Tuition: $380 per credit tuition plus $10 per credit resource fee for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Financial Aid Information: Financial aid is available for the MAE program. Contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information.
Apply to the Master of Arts in Education program: click on the "Apply Now" tab on the left of this page. All students who intend to register for courses must be accepted into the program prior to registering for courses.
Register for Courses: New students will be assisted with registration for the first semester by the Graduate Education Advisor. Returning students should register online via VitNet. Courses with less than a minimum of 10 students registered are subject to cancellation.
Wisconsin Contact Information:
Mary Beth Sinniger, Graduate Education Advisor, 608-796-3095 or email@example.com
Susan Hughes, Program Specialist and Wisconsin Student Advisor, for program information or application questions: 608-976-3394 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Iowa Contact Information:
Michael Gonzalez, Iowa Off-campus Coordinator/Marketing Specialist, 4949 Westown Prkwy Suite 195, West Des Moines, IA 50266 Phone: 515-224-4811 or 1-888-235-2200 Email: email@example.com
Carol Page, Iowa Educational Leadership Program Specialist/Iowa Student Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-224-4811 or 1-888-235-2200