First class, personal, and package rate mail are picked up when the incoming mail arrives on campus. This time varies due to postal procedures, but usually between 10am-2pm daily. Presorted first class VU letters are picked up around 1:30pm daily. Standard mail is delivered to the Post Office after it is prepared by CMMC staff or an off-campus site.
What is the latest time the first class mail can be sent?
- First class, personal, and package rate mail are picked up when the incoming mail arrives on campus. This time varies due to postal procedures, but usually between 10am-2pm daily.
- Presorted first class VU letters are picked up around 1:30pm daily.
- First class mail does not need to be in zip code order.
Do all bulk mailings need to be in zip code order?
- Standard mail only needs to be in zip code order if you want to save $.017 per piece.
- 150 or more pieces going to the 546 area, can be sorted separately for a $.017 per piece savings. All other pieces can go in a mixed tray.
2015 letter rates $.181 150+ 54601…
$.198 Mixed state
How long do standard mailing postcard, letter and flat pieces take to get to the destination?
3-10 days is the delivery time for ALL standard mailings. Time sensitive items should NOT be sent by standard mail or should be sent with that maximum 10 day delivery time in mind.
What is the minimum number of pieces in a standard mailing?
- The minimum number of letters and post cards for a standard mailing is 200 pieces, or 50lbs for flat pieces.
- Foreign mail cannot be sent by standard mail.
Are some standard mailings processed and mailed off campus?
Yes, but please notify the Copy and Mail of all standard mailings prepared, processed, and mailed off campus, to insure 1) We charge the correct budget number and 2) We can verify there are appropriate funds available at the Post Office to pay for the mailing.