Latin American Studies
The Latin American Studies minor promotes two main outcomes:
- Raise awareness of social justice issues related to Latin America populations, and Latinos in the United States.
- Encourage local, national and international engagement and advocacy toward social justice issues in Latin America, and Latinos in the United States.
Students completing the Latin American Studies minor will be able to:
- Describe main historical events in Latin America from Pre-Columbian times to the present.
- Identify the diverse ethnic, linguistic, and cultural composition of Latin American, and Latino population.
- Analyze current issues of Latin American countries, and Latinos, and predict outlook for the future.
Students with a Latin American Studies minor will improve their cultural competency skills, which will empower them to find jobs in professional careers like health care, education, business, social work, and communication among others.
For information, contact:
Associate Professor, Coordinator, Latin American Studies Program