Institutional / Administrative Mission and Goals
Student Development (Web page 2001, reviewed June 2005)
The Student Development staff is committed to providing an environment which will enhance and integrate the life-long process of growth of the social, spiritual, occupational, physical, intellectual, and emotional development of all students.
- To establish an understanding of growth, development, and change as a lifelong process.
- To develop and manage an atmosphere which is conducive to personal comfort, safety, and security.
- To foster the experience of belonging to a community - both the Viterbo community and the global community - while encouraging the development of a balance in autonomy and interpersonal relationship skills.
- To develop and deliver programs and services that support student retention.
- To encourage an understanding and appreciation of individual and cultural differences.
- To develop methods of research and evaluation to assess the nature and needs of the student population.
- To establish the integration of student development and academics.
- To support services provided by academic affairs and the administration.