Institutional / Administrative Mission and Goals
Vice President for Student Development
Student Development Goals
- To establish a timeline for and work toward the opening a new residential village.
- To improve response to various student constituencies by meeting with representatives from each of these student groups: (a) commuting students, (b) international students (c) non-traditional students, (d) resident students, and (e) veterans.
- To advance personal counseling services with these enhancements: U Lifeline, behavioral intervention team and evening phone services.
- To enhance school spirit with halftime shows and corporate nights at basketball games.
- To establish a student development website.
- To establish routine practices to train newly-hired student development professionals and the newly-elected Student Government Association president and vice president.
- To improve use of City Watch hosted notification.
- To evaluate and upgrade athletic scholarship program with appropriate recruiting goals, procedures for monthly benchmark reports, etc.
- To embrace and champion student needs, interests and concerns consistent with the University’s mission and goals.
- Inspire Viterbo students to a sense of campus pride, spirit and active involvement and civic responsibility through dynamic, strategically planned activities and leadership programs.
- To widen sound, efficient and convenient delivery of information, programs and resources.
- To ensure students a smooth transition into the University community that provides them with the most effective tools for success.
- To assist student development professionals in increasing resources for the purpose of offering high-quality programs, services and facilities.
- To build, renovate and maintain facilities using high standards of cleanliness, functionality and service for the purpose of encouraging learning and interaction, and creating positive first and lasting impressions.
- To expand research, assessment and planning in student development operations to gain better understanding of students and to improve service.