The Office of Assessment and Institutional Research supports the mission of Viterbo University by providing reliable information about students, faculty and staff, programs, and resources, as well as peer institutions and our external environment.
The two-fold mission of Assessment and institutional Research is 1) to support the continuous improvement of student learning through planning, support, and training for assessment processes; and 2) to provide relevant, unbiased information for strategic planning and external reporting.
The mission of AIR is met through the following goals:
- Sustain and strengthen Viterbo University’s commitment to assessing, confirming, and improving student learning;
- Coordinate external reporting of institutional statistics to state and federal agencies (IPEDS, WAICU, NCA/HLC), accrediting agencies, non-profit associations, and other organizations;
- Maintain a web site to communicate commonly requested information and to highlight materials that may be broadly useful for planning, assessment, evaluation, and decision making
- Prepare descriptive and analytical reports for use by campus policy-makers and policy-making bodies (e.g., Information for Decision-Making and the Annual Assessment Analysis).
- Manage data by creating and maintaining a data warehouse containing longitudinal information on applicants, enrolled students, alumni, academic programs, instruction, and personnel.