The survey tool is available for unlimited use by all Viterbo faculty, staff, and administrators. All students have access to create surveys and to deploy them. Students are limited to a maximum of five (5) active surveys and to a maximum of 2000 total responses (this includes the deployment of the survey, reminders, and the submission of a completed survey) for the lifetime of the account. Students can request an expansion of these limitations, with the recommendation of a faculty member, advisor, or supervisor.
Getting started with Qualtrics:
- Creating an account
- Determining if your survey requires approval
- Learning how to use the survey tool
From the Viterbo Qualtrics webpage, enter your campus username and password. If you are a first-time user, you will be prompted to create a Qualtrics account. (Note that you are limited to the creation of only one Qualtrics account.)
- Surveys conducted by university personnel for the purposes of improving services and programs or the purpose of developing new services or programs for students, employees, or alumni.
- Surveys that focus on university processes, services, or policies for the purpose of quality improvement or quality assurance, unless the clear intent is for generalizable knowledge.
- Course-related activities or assignments for teaching purposes that are part of a course, with the stipulation that the information collected is not disseminated for use outside the classroom.
- Data collection for internal department or administrative purposes, such as event evaluations.
4. To minimize over-surveying of campus groups and to eliminate collection of duplicative information, the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research serves as the Viterbo Clearinghouse for surveys distributed to campus groups for the purposes of quality improvement or quality assurance.
5. The survey oversight group (with respresentation from IRB, graduate faculty, Student Affairs, Communications, AIR and IIT) may also review the survey for approval.
6. A Calendar of Scheduled Surveys has been created in Outlook that anyone requesting approval to administer a survey should consult before submitting a survey request. To view the scheduled surveys, go to your Outlook calendar, select the Open Calendar -- From Address Book... option, search for Viterbo Survey Clearinghouse, double-click on it in the list and click OK.
Most questions can be answered from the Qualtrics Support website. From the main support page, there is a link to On-Demand Trainings and Webinars that contain instructional videos on using the software. Additionally, you may wish to contact Qualtrics via e-mail (email@example.com), or by phone (1-800-340-9194).