Expectations for Early Childhood Endorsement Capstone Portfolio Presentations
Within 4 weeks after their final Early Childhood field experience, candidates for the Early Childhood endorsement must submit an electronic capstone portfolio.
- Presentations must include at least ONE activity/experience and reflection for each of the Early Childhood program standards.
- Students will clearly explain how the activity or experiences address the standard and helped them gain skills and expertise in the standard.
- If an activity is student participation in a meeting, workshop, or conference, students will explain how they applied this experience in regard to the content area standards.
- The presentation will include specific key learnings from each activity or experience.
- Artifacts or evidence will be provided for each of the activities/experiences.
- Students will select 3 "best work" examples from their coursework to include in the presentation.
- Portfolio presentations will include a discussion of three specific areas of growth that developed for them during the endorsement program, as well as goals for future growth in at least one area (standard).
- Portfolios should be professional to the extent that they could be used for interviews for teaching or teacher leadership positions.
For more information, contact:
Norene Bunt, Assistant Professor/Program Specialist, at email@example.com or 515-224-4811 / 888-235-2200