Group Fitness Instructor Employment
The personal trainer is responsible for aspects of the fitness program. The individual is to provide a safe, motivating environment to the programs. The personal trainer should organize his/her own workouts within his/her realm of knowledge, utilizing proper technique, appropriate exercises, and the correct equipment for the personal training program. Personal trainers are also responsible for upholding the rules of the Amie L. Mathy Center and Viterbo University's Recreational Sports Department.
- Conduct fitness assessments, body composition testing and training sessions as scheduled.
- Maintain client files, paperwork, and make sure information is updated as well as accurate on the software (BSDI).
- Maintain records of clients and the number of training sessions
- These numbers are to be reported to the Director of Recreational Sports
- Survey program participants at the completion of their program
- Oversee the Commit to be Fit fitness program and/or serve as a resource for the Healthy Hawks program
- Check your email regularly for communication, announcements and other important information
- Schedule and attend regular meeting with the Director
- Meetings will be short and provide student trainer the opportunity to ask questions and provide updates as well as touch base with their direct supervisor
- Educate participants of proper form, technique, and other health or wellness information
- Notify the Director or Assistant Director of any problems that arise (lost or broken equipment, customer concerns, etc.)
- Or recommend facility/program upgrades based on user feedback and personal observances
- Take responsibility to correct customer problems and concerns