Viterbo University invites you to Pilgrimage in Italy
Alumni and friends* are invited to join us on this Servant Leadership Pilgrimage experience as we walk the footsteps of St. Francis and St. Clare through Rome and Assisi.
Travel Dates: June 2–June 10, 2017
Tom Thibodeau, Distingushed Professor of Servant Leadership, and Tom Knothe, Dean of the College of Business and Leadership, will serve as program leaders for this trip.
Detailed Itinerary (please note this is subject to change)
What to expect?
- A contemplative experience of community which is joyful, renewing, and rejuvenating.
- The possibility of personal transformation; pilgrimages are both internal and external journeys.
- Servant leadership is a journey (pilgrimage) and servant leaders are seekers (pilgrims).
- An introduction to and appreciation of the deep story of the Viterbo University founders, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration.
- Opportunities for personal and communal prayer, rituals, and celebrations.
- Daily walks/treks through the cobblestone streets of Italy- ranging in distance of 5 to 10 miles per day.
- Accommodations will be in monasteries that are traditional and comfortable.
Estimated program fee $2,700 - $2,950 per participant
Fees include program guides from Viterbo and in-country guides, accommodations, in-country transportation, cultural activities, international health insurance, and some meals.
Fees do NOT include international airfare, personal spending money, some meals, travel/trip insurance and passport fees.
Program fee based on a realistic number of participants, fee's may change based on final enrollment numbers and/or exchange rate fluctuation.
Full program payment is due Friday, March 3, 2017.
Alumni and friends interested in participating should fill out the interest form below.
- Interest Form
- A $200 deposit is required to confirm participation (check made payable to Viterbo University).
- All participants must be 18 or older.
- Space is limited, 2-3 people per family, please.
Graduate students may participate in this experience as a MASL independent study.
- Graduate Student Application
- A Viterbo Study Abroad Application Form
- A $200 application deposit (Check made payable to Viterbo University)
- An Application Recommendation Form to be completed by a professor you have previously had in a course at Viterbo or your academic advisor at Viterbo
- A one page, single-spaced, typed personal statement addressing the following:
- Indicate the program you are applying for and what motivates you to seek this experience.
- What do you believe makes you a good fit for this particular program? Consider here not only how the program might impact you, but also how your strengths might enhance the experience for your peers, those you meet along the way, etc.
Space is limited, so please submit an Interest Form and Program Deposit by Monday, February 20, 2017. Forms and deposits can be turned into Taylor Corbett, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in Murphy Center room 377.
For more information contact:
Study Abroad Coordinator