Freshman Admission & Enrollment Information
You are considered a freshman if you are entering college for the first time or you are a student who graduated from high school in the spring prior to your intended date of entry at Viterbo, but you may have already taken college courses at another institution.
You are encouraged to begin the application process at the beginning of your senior year of high school.
- Fill out an online application.
Provide a valid email address that you check regularly. If admitted, you will receive an email with information on how to access your VU email account. All further information (financial aid, registration, etc.) will be send to your VU email.
- Request to have your official high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores sent to Viterbo University Admission Office, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601.
Viterbo's school codes--ACT: 4662 SAT: 1878
- If you haven't taken the ACT/SAT, let us know.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-796-3010
- Complete the Freshman Net Price Calculator for an estimate of what it may cost you to attend Viterbo University.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1 of the year you will start college.
Priority filing deadline: March 15
Viterbo's School Code: 003911
- Submit the Viterbo Financial Aid Form to the Financial Aid Office (required).
Priority deadline: March 15
The Viterbo Financial Aid Form may be found on the Financial Aid website (after Jan 1).
you have any questions about applying for financial aid or the status
of your financial aid award information, contact the financial aid
office at 608-796-3900 or email@example.com.
- Accept/Reject your financial aid award letter via your VU VitNet
account. Information on how to access your VitNet account will be sent
to your VU email.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note(s), Entrance Counseling and/or
any other additional steps as instructed by the financial aid office.
See VU email with award letter information.
- Be prepared to make a $500 down payment on your tuition by the first
week of classes. (If you believe your semester bill is covered
completely by your financial aid, be sure to verify that with the
business office by the start of classes. In this case, a down payment
is not necessary.)
Deposits (after admitted to university)
- Submit your deposits to reserve your place! This information will be mailed to you.
On campus students: $200 housing and tuition deposit
(Must submit Housing Contract)
Off campus students: $100 tuition deposit
- Deposits can be paid by check (including the students name or
student ID number) and mailed: Viterbo University Admission Office, 900
Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601 OR by credit card by calling the
Business Office at 608-796-3851 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- All deposits can be refunded by May 1 without penalty. Request must be made in writing. Any deposit made after May 1 will not be refunded.
- As early as March, sign up for Student Transition And Registration (STAR). There are no required placement tests! Your math and English
placement is based on your ACT subject scores. There is an optional
Spanish placement test available online. Information on how to access
this will be provided after you sign up for STAR.
- 2013 dates: June 17, 18, 28, 29 (students choose one date).
If you cannot attend a STAR date, let us know so we can make other arrangements for you. RSVP information will be posted in March.
Housing assignments are issued in early/mid July.
- If you have earned college credit through Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB), request an official copy of your scores to be sent to Viterbo. (See our AP and IB credit policy.)
- If you have earned college credit at another college or university (including Youth Options courses), request an official college transcript to be sent to Viterbo.
- Meet Your Counselor
- Want to learn more about Viterbo University? Request more information.
Viterbo University Admission Office
900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601
T: 608-796-3010 or 800-VITERBO (800-848-3726)