Summer School Financial Aid
Financial Aid is available for summer school classes and is awarded to current students based on the 2012-13 FAFSA and an Institutional Application. The 2013-14 FAFSA and Institutional Application will be used to determine eligibility for incoming “new” students.
Summer Financial Aid is based on the following guidelines:
- You must enroll at least half-time to receive financial assistance. Undergraduate half-time is a minimum of 6 credits. Graduate half-time is a minimum of 3 credits.
- Financial Assistance during the summer is limited to Student Loans and/or Work-Study Employment (separate application required for employment awards). Grant funds are generally NOT available.
- Requests for financial assistance for attendance at another campus (visiting campus) will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. If approved, we cannot guarantee the aid will be available at the beginning of your enrollment period. You must be prepared to make satisfactory payment arrangements with the visiting campus until the funds can be sent.
- Courses taken at a visiting campus and approved for financial aid must be approved, in advance, for transfer credit by the Viterbo University Registrar.
- Applications for summer financial assistance are processed on a first come, first served basis.
Summer2013 Financial Aid Form
Other important information:
- If you are awarded a "2012-13" Federal Direct Student Loan for the summer, you have eligibility remaining for the current year. Your summer loan will be credited against current year maximum(s) and will NOT affect your loan eligibility for 2013-14.
- If you are awarded a “2013-14” Federal Direct Student Loan for the summer, you have fully utilized your current year maximum(s). If you accept the award offered for summer school it will reduce the amount of Federal Direct Student Loan available to you for the 2013-14 academic year by the amount you accept for summer.
- Summer financial aid awards will not be applied to your bill until 10 days prior to the start of your first summer class.
- You must notify the Financial Aid Office immediately of any changes to your enrollment status (credit load, start and end dates, etc.).
- Financial Aid awarded for attendance at a “visiting campus” will be sent directly to the visiting campus after any applicable summer tuition owed to Viterbo is applied. If you are entitled to a “refund” of financial aid after all applicable charges are deducted, the refund will be made to you by the visiting campus.
- All paperwork for summer financial aid awards must be completed by the return date indicated on the “Financial Aid Award Letter” or your last day of summer school attendance (whichever is earlier) or your award(s) will be forfeited.