Marie Elliott Villacís
- Major: Pre-K–12 Spanish Education (Minor in Latin American Studies)
- Hometown: Quito, Ecuador/Chatfield, Minn.
- Why Viterbo: I chose Viterbo because I thought it could become my new home. I
appreciate the fact that the campus possesses a small, community feel. Most
importantly, I was attracted to the idea of Viterbo: the World Languages
department, the opportunities to study abroad, the Franciscan tradition, and
the passion of the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration who are the
founders of Viterbo
- Favorite Class at Viterbo: A Contemporary Issues class, because I was given
the opportunity to learn about the past, current happenings, and future
predictions of Latin America through discussion in Spanish.
- Favorite Viterbo Memory So Far: Moments shared conversing with friends.
- Favorite Hobbies: Spending time outdoors.
- Favorite Food: Chocolate.
- Career Aspirations: To become a Spanish teacher.
- Advice for a New College Student: Be yourself, work hard, and do not
compromise your integrity.