Having troubles opening your browsers because of cookie issues? VitNet usually has a screen prompt that tells you to close the window in order for cookies to get deleted, but sometime that does not happen. You will have to delete them manually.
Under Google Chrome:
1) Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner.
2) Click on Settings.
3) Click on Show Advanced Settings.
4) Under the Privacy Group, click on Clear Browsing Data.
A) In the Drop down box labeled "obliterate the following items from", choose the option labeled "from the beginning of time" in order to delete all of the cookies.
5) Click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
Under Internet Explorer:
1) Click on the gear in the upper right hand corner.
2) Go to Internet Options.
3) In the dialog box that pops up, make sure you are under the General tab and click the delete button in the Browsing history group.
4) Another dialog box pops up. Make sure the Cookies and Website Data box is checked. Click Delete.
1) Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner and go to Options.
2) Under the Privacy tab, there will be highlighted text saying "remove individual cookies". Click.
3) In the box that pops up, click on the Remove All button the erase all the cookies.
1) In the tool bar on the top of the screen, click the history tab.
2) Go to the Clear History option towards the bottom.
3) A dialog box will pop up and click clear history.