Purpose: Two of Viterbo’s core values are hospitality and contemplation inspired from the life and work of St. Francis. We seek proposals from faculty which aim to live out these two core values in creating space for faculty to explore issues in a relaxed social setting related to teaching at the collegiate level. We believe that through these formal and informal conversations faculty will increase in their knowledge of best practices of teaching and learning but will also increase in their satisfaction with and engagement in the academic community of Viterbo.
Eligibility: You must be considered a full-time faculty member in Viterbo’s graduate and/or undergraduate on-campus curriculum.
• We will review proposals within a week of being submitted.
• Awarded funds will be distributed on a reimbursement model once the final reflection has been submitted.
• Receipts will be required for reimbursements.
• In addition to books or written materials, food and beverages are allowable expenses for these grants.
• Each faculty are asked to apply for only one of these grants per academic year but could be involved in several of these gathering or activities.
• Interdisciplinary groups are encouraged but not required.
• It is expected that groups have multiple gatherings towards accomplishing their expressed goal.