Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for an adjunct faculty development grant, you must be a current adjunct faculty in good standing with the University.
Purpose: This form may be used to apply for a adjunct faculty development grant used for the following purposes:
- Attending conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and seminars pertaining to either one’s teaching areas or scholarship. Including support for administrative roles in conferences or workshops.
- Presenting new research (Poster, Round table, Panel, Musical or other artistic work) or other scholarly work (invited paper, Keynote address, musical or theater performance) for academic peers.
- Other forms of scholarly activities that may not conform to established standards must be justified and supported by department/dean.
- Resources related to bringing in outside personnel for on-site professional development.
- Support for research directly related to one’s scholarship or teaching including: purchasing books, data sets, assessments, journals, professional memberships, lab supplies, instruments, analytical and testing services. Items purchased become property of Viterbo University.
- Professional travel to archives, museums, exhibits, historical centers or sites, musical and theater productions directly tied into ones teaching or scholarship.
- Support for materials to develop new courses.
- Other activities not directly referenced that foster joint faculty-student scholarship or enhance instructional skills (individual or institutional).
- Costs related to public dissemination of scholarly products including publication or performance.
This grant funding is intended to supplement adjunct faculty out-of-pocket costs for the project or activity, not cover the entire project.