Environmental Responsibility Committee
In 2009, Viterbo University President, Rick Artman, formed a new standing committee designed to prepare recommendations, promote, support, and implement decisions by the president and cabinet concerning environmental sustainability initiatives. The Environmental Responsibility Committee was created with representatives from the staff, administration, faculty, student government, residence hall council, and others as appointed by the president. The committee met in fall 2009 to established a set of responsibilities to guide its actions. These responsibilities include the following:
- Foster continual awareness of Viterbo University’s environmental impact, activities, and efficiencies.
- Promote individual environmentally sound practices that affect the teaching, learning, living, and working environment at the university.
- Establish institution-wide conservation, recycling, and other sustainable practices.
- Seek practices and procedures that minimize negative impacts on the environment.
- Foster integration of sustainability into the curriculum.
- Plan, review, and monitor our environmental policy and practices.
The Environmental Responsibility Committee meets monthly, Minutes.