Basic Response to any Emergency, Including a Medical Emergency
- In the event of any emergency, it is important to call immediately. A call to any of these numbers will activate response from the appropriate emergency response operation(s):
- La Crosse Police Department 911
- La Crosse Fire Department 911
- Viterbo Campus Safety 3911 from a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 from a non-Viterbo phone.
- Provide the location of the emergency, including the street address of the building. Be as specific as possible.
- Provide a thorough description of the incident to ensure that proper resources are dispatched. Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
- Those trained to perform CPR and first aid can act within their expertise. Crowding is generally not helpful unless the presence of others is required.
- Have someone stand outside the building to flag down emergency personnel when they arrive.
- Once any injured have been treated and/or transported, follow applicable employee/student accident reporting.