Field Experience Instructions
You will be required to complete a total of 25 hours of field experience for your ECE add-on license.
- You must locate your own field experience placements with a LICENSED ECE teacher who is currently working with pre-school or kindergarten students. Early Childhood Field Experience Application Submit your field experience application to the program director for approval before you begin logging your hours.
- You may observe public or private school teachers or licensed daycare teachers.
- You are able to spread the 25 hours over the course of the program if necessary, but the hours must be completed before you are allowed to student teach. If a program instructor assigns hands-on hours in an early childhood classroom and you complete these hours in your approved field experience classroom, you may use these hours for your field experience hours too.
- During field experience we encourage you to be as hands-on as the teacher will allow you to be. Observing, tutoring, prep work, lesson planning, and instructing are all acceptable activities for field experience. At a minimum you must prepare and deliver one complete lesson.
- Turn in your field experience log sheets to the address provided as soon as you have completed your hours.
- Your field experience teacher(s) will be given a Viterbo University $25 tuition reimbursement coupon for assisting you. We will mail it to them at the end of the semester after you turn in your completed logs which include the teacher's mailing information.
If you have any other questions, please contact the program administrator, Ruth Badciong at 608-796-3388 or email@example.com.