Research Fellow 2011-12
Professor, Chair, History
- Taught history for Eastern Michigan University's European Cultural History, traveling for five weeks from London to Istanbul, Summer 2013.
- With Michael Smuksta, organized and presented at Viterbo's Constitution Day celebration.
- "Liberal Arts in the 21st Century" at the 2014 Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Conference, Honolulu, Jan. 2014.
- "Political Culture of La Crosse and the State of Wisconsin" for the La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Program.
- “Human Rights” to the Unitarian Universalists in honor of United Nations Day in La Crosse, Wis., October 2008.
- “Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights” at Viterbo University, October 2008.
- “Enforcing Virtue: Prohibition and the Temperance Movement“, Viterbo University’s D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership, February 2009.
- Temperance: A Conference on the Cardinal Virtues. The D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership. Viterbo University. Paper/Presentation:
“Enforcing Virtue: Prohibition and the Temperance Movement” April 2009.
- European Consortium for Political Research. Standing group on the European Union. Fifth Pan-European Conference on EU Politics. Porto, Portugal. Britain’s Functional Approach To Integration: The Lisbon Treaty, 15 years in The Making (Peer Reviewed) June 2010.
- Norskadalen:The North Sea Mackeral Wars. Westby, Wis., fall 2010.
- We the Peoples: An International Conference on Human Rights. La Crosse, Wis., October 2010.
- Foundations for Human Rights: Does the U.S. Live up to Its Self-Image?
- Humanities Symposium: Money, Wealth, and the Common Good. "Sustainable Economic Growth and the Necessity of Equitable Wealth Distribution", Viterbo University, February 2011.
- Faith: A Conference on the Theological Virtues. The D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership. Viterbo University. Paper/Presentation: “Faith for Peace–Faith in History”, March 2011.
- Hope: A Conference on the Theological Virtues. The D.B. Reinhart Institute for Ethics in Leadership. Viterbo University. Paper/Presentation: “Martin Luther King Jr. and the Dream of a Post-Racial Society”, March 2012.
- La Crosse Tribune Opinion Page: Turkish Politics. 2013
- La Crosse Tribune Opinion Page: Constitution Day. 2013
- La Crosse Tribune Opinion Page: In defense of Congressman Ron Kind. 2013
- La Crosse Tribune Opinion Page: Martin Luther King Jr. Day. 2013
- La Crosse Tribune Opinion Page: Columns on the Current Political Culture of Italy, Immigration, Voter Turn Out, Youth Voter Impact, Post Election Analysis, Bipartisanship Rush Limbaugh and Republican Party. 2008–09.
- La Crosse Tribune Opinion Page writing: summer 2010, six columns on political circumstances submitted form London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin. Summer 2010.
- Ongoing debate column with Sean Parnell, president of the Center of Competitive Politics.
- Arranged the Congress to Campus Visit of two retired members of Congress, Nick Smith and Sam Coppersmith, to visit Viterbo University in celebration of Constitution Day. September 2008.
- Guest on Wisconsin Public Television’s Teen Connection discussing Youth Voting Participation; Joy Cardine Show discussing Youth Voting Participation.
- Guest lecturer for the Rochester Diocese discussion on Immigration.