Research Fellow 2014-15
Assistant Professor, Business and Healthcare Management
Annette Roter has over 17 years of experience in leadership, training, and organization development in various fields including health care, manufacturing, financial planning, consulting, and the U.S. Navy. Roter completed her Ph.D. in organizational management in 2011 and her dissertation focused on toxic leadership in health care. In 2013, Roter joined Viterbo as an assistant professor of business. She currently teaches in the areas of health care management and undergraduate leadership, as well as teaching leadership, change management, and research in the MBA program. Roter is currently working on a book entitled: The Impact of Dysfunctional Leadership: Recognition and Resolution. The book will be available early 2017.
- Are Rational Self-Interested Leadership Behaviors Contributing to the Workplace Bullying Phenomenon in Canada and the United States? Barrow, Kolberg, Mirabella, Roter. Journal of Industrial and Business Management
- A Phenomenological Study of Registered Nurses Exposed to Toxic Leadership Behaviors: What it Means to Healthcare Organizations. Roter, Spagenburg. Journal of American Business Review
- The Effects of Lateral Violence and Bullying in Nursing. A qualitative study. Manuscript is in process.
The Impact of Dysfunctional Leadership. Roter, Journal of Psychology, January 2016
- Midwest Academy of Management fall conference presenter on Bullying in Health Care and Research in Health Care
- Midwest Academy of Management fall conference panel facilitator on Health Care Leadership focusing on Recruiting and Talent Management in Health Care
- International Conference China.The Changing Landscape of Healthcare in the U.S. Participants were hospital executives from various facilities in China. Presented at three different sessions
- Nursing Research on the Green. The Impact of Toxic Leadership to Nurses in Health Care,Viterbo University, La Crosse, Wis.
- Connecting the Generations. Hiawatha SHRM meeting, Redwing, Minn.
- Bullying in the Workplace. WXOW-La Crosse
- Addressing Generational Differences in the Classroom. Minnesota Educator Conference. Rochester, Minn.
- Midwest Academy of Management fall 2015 conference presenter on Dysfunctional Leadership in Health Care.