Rochelle Brooks, Ph.D.
Education: BS, University of Wisconsin-Stout; ME-PD, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse; Ph.D., Capella University
Current and Recent Courses Taught:
MGMT 210: Management Information Systems and Applications
MGMT 305: Project Management
MGMT/OMGT 379: Ethics and Technology
MGIT 200: Management Information Systems
OMGT 402: Personal Values and Organizational Ethics/Ethical Leadership
MGMT 485: Research Methodology for Business
MGMT 300: Business Reporting
MGMT 663: Research Analysis
Experience Outside of Academia: Rochelle has worked in retail management, sales, hotel sales and marketing, employee benefits administration, database administration, and computer training. She has a great appreciation for her varied experience which gives her a foundation for teaching the importance of effective usage of Information Technology in today's businesses.
- EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD for book entitled, Cases on Technology Innovation Entrepreneurial Successes and Pitfalls co-authored by Dr. Robert Niebuhr and Dr. Annie Becker (2009).
- REVIEWER FOR PRENTICE HALL PUBLISHING: Reviewer for Essentials of Management Information Systems, 8th Edition by Kenneth C. Laudon and Jane P. Laudon (2008).
- MEMBER OF EDITORIAL REVIEW BOARD for the Information Resources Management Journal (IRMJ) and for the Journal of Cases on Information Technology (JCIT). (February 1, 2006 – Present).
- MEMBER: Information Resources Management Association.
- member of the International Advisory Board of the Encyclopedia of Information Science & Technology published by the Information Resources Management Association (2008).
- DISSERTATION COMMITTEE MEMBER: Current (past) member of dissertation committees at Capella University (2000 – Present).
- PROPOSAL REVIEWER FOR THOMSON LEARNING and COURSE TECHNOLOGY: Member of the reviewing team for a new text on Information Technology for Business Managers. (November – December, 2006).
- AD HOC REVIEWER for the Editorial Review Board of the Information Resources Management Journal (IRMJ) and for the Editorial Advisory Board of the Annals of Cases on Information Technology (ACIT). (February 1, 2004 – January 31, 2006).
- REVIEWER of papers and proposals for the Information Resources Management Association (IRMA) conference. Information Technology (IT) Business Value track.
Publications and Presentations:
- "Addressing Ethics and Technology in Business: Preparing today's students for the ethical challenges presented by technology in the workplace". Contemporary Issues in Education Research (CIER). Vol. 1, No. 2.
- "The Many Faces of ATM”. Conference proceedings as a mini-paper for the May 2004 Information Resources Management Association (IRMA) International conference. Co-authored with Dr. Charles Davis.
- “An Imbalance of Power: The Readability of Internet Privacy Policies”. Journal of Business & Economics Research. March 2004, Volume 2, Number 3, ISSN 1542-4448.
- “An Imbalance of Power: The Readability of Internet Privacy Policies”. Proceedings for International Business and Economics Research (IBER) Conference, October, 2003 (selected as a “Best Paper”).
- “The Ethics of Data Privacy in an Electronic Marketplace: The Incorporation of Fair Information Practice Principles into Privacy Policies”. Proceedings for International Business and Economics Research (IBER) Conference, October, 2002.
- “The Ethics of Data Privacy in an Electronic Marketplace: The Incorporation of Fair Information Practice Principles into Privacy Policies”. Review of Business Information Systems. Volume 7, Number 1. Winter 2003.
- “An Exploration into Qualitative Research with a Focus on Case Study Applications”. Cybrary. Capella University’s Website of Outstanding Papers (October 2000).
- Presentation for the Applied Business Research (ABR) Conference, Lake Buena Vista, FL, January 2008. Paper entitled Addressing Ethics and Technology in Business: Preparing today's students for the ethical challenges presented by technology in the workplace. Voted as the "Best Paper" for session.
- Presentation for Capella University as the Alumni Speaker for the Ph.D. Colloquium, Dulles VA, October 2004.
- Presentation for Viterbo University Faculty Development. Incorporating Active Learning Strategies in a Capstone Course, April 2004.
- Presentation for International Business and Economics Research (IBER) Conference, Las Vegas, NV, October 2003.
- Presentation/Panel Discussion for 7th Annual Wisconsin Academic Association (WACADA) Conference, La Crosse, WI, September 2003.
- Presentation for International Business and Economics Research (IBER) Conference, Las Vegas, NV, October 2002.
- Utilizing Quality Control Tools in Continuous Improvement, Franciscan Skemp Healthcare, La Crosse, WI. (1997-1998).
Hobbies and Other Interests: When not working on her course and research commitments, Rochelle's "high-energy" eight-year-old daughter keeps her busy. Rochelle began sewing as an eighth grader and attempts to fit in sewing and craft projects with her daughter, when possible. They also enjoy walks to the park and shopping for "good deals."