What Makes Us Special?
- All of our faculty have teaching and research expertise in the field of criminal justice. In addition, many courses are taught by current criminal justice professionals or individuals with extensive prior experience working in the system.
- Our graduates secure jobs in all areas of the criminal justice system. Job placements of some recent graduates include the La Crosse City Police Department, Juneau County Sheriff's Department, Wisconsin Department of Probation and Parole, Columbia County Jail, ATTIC Correctional Services, and YWCA Mediation and Restorative Justice Services.
- All criminal justice majors must complete an internship designed to prepare them for careers in their desired professions. Students may choose to satisfy this requirement by completing the Law Enforcement Academy, which results in certification to be a police officer in the state of Wisconsin.
- Students have the opportunity to complete the education requirements for Substance Abuse Counseling Certification, which is required to become licensed as a drug and alcohol counselor in the state of Wisconsin.
- Our department houses a chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the national criminal justice honor society. Students who meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to join and enjoy the benefits of membership in this prestigious organization.