Qualtrics is a web-based survey tool that is now available for use by all Viterbo faculty, staff, and students to support the university’s education mission and institutional goals. This survey tool supports faculty and student scholarly research and efforts in institutional effectiveness.
Ensure that your survey aligns with Viterbo guidelines for survey use:
- Comply with the Viterbo University Appropriate Use of Technology Policy;
- Comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
- All research conducted on human subjects must seek Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, with some exceptions.
- Get started with Qualtrics: Using your campus username and password, create a Qualtrics account.
- To minimize over-surveying of campus group and to eliminate collection of duplicative information, the Office of Assessment and Institutional Research serves as the Viterbo Clearinghouse for survey distributed to campus groups. A calendar of scheduled surveys is being created so that anyone requesting approval to administer a survey should consult before submitting a survey request.
Find answers to your questions about Qualtrics: Most questions can be answered from the Viterbo Qualtrics Survey page, Qualtrics University, or the Qualtrics FAQs. Qualtrics University contains a user-friendly series of short instruction videos on using the software.
Upcoming training: Look for announcements from the professional development committee regarding a Qualtrics workshop in October.
All offices, units, and programs are expected to switch to Qualtrics so that the Viterbo community is fully utilizing this resource. By June 2016, there should be no other active survey subscriptions (i.e. Survey Monkey, Fluid Surveys, etc.).