By Sue Danielson, health services
Welcome back Viterbo University employees and students. Health services would like to remind everyone that Viterbo has a No Latex Policy in effect for the entire campus:
- The use of latex gloves on campus is prohibited. Everyone must use alternative non-latex gloves.
- The use/display of latex balloons is prohibited on campus.
- Departments should identify existing items on campus that contain latex. As existing equipment is replaced, non-latex equipment will be purchased, if available.
- If non-latex materials are not available, skin contact precautions will be utilized with anyone who has a latex allergy or sensitivity.
Latex allergy symptoms may include hives, itching, stuffy or runny nose. It can cause asthma symptoms of wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing. Symptoms begin within minutes after exposure to latex containing products. The most severe latex allergy can result in anaphylaxis, a serious allergic reaction involving severe breathing difficulty and/or fall in blood pressure (shock).
Reminder to students and employees, it takes all of us to have a healthy campus. Remember the basics:
- Wash hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Wipe down phones and keyboards if being used by multiple people or if you have been ill.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. If you need a mask, visit health services.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Get your flu shot annually. Health services will offer the shots in the fall.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Sleep at least 7–8 hours per day.
Health services is available from 8 a.m.–noon and 1–5 p.m. Monday–Friday during the academic year. It is located in the Student Affairs Center next to the San Damiano Chapel. Contact information:
- Phone: 608-796-3806
- Email: email@example.com