To prepare for an emergency, take a minute to learn the basic response to any emergency, including a medical emergency. Place or post it where it is readily available.
1. In the event of an emergency, call immediately. A call to any of these numbers will activate a response from the appropriate emergency services operation(s):
A. La Crosse Police Department: 911
B. La Crosse Fire Department: 911
C. Viterbo Campus Safety: 3911 from a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 from a non-Viterbo phone.
2. Provide the location of the emergency, including the street address of the building. Be as specific as possible.
3. Provide a thorough description of the incident to ensure that proper resources are dispatched. Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so.
4. Those trained to perform CPR and first aid can act within their expertise. Crowding is generally not helpful unless the presence of others is required.
5. Have someone stand outside the building to flag down emergency personnel when they arrive.
6. Once any injured have been treated and/or transported, follow applicable employee/student accident reporting.
Questions? Contact Adam Malin, director of campus safety, at ext. 3913 or by email.