To maintain a consistent image, communications and marketing is responsible for reviewing all publications targeted toward external audiences. External publications target prospective students, parents, current students, alumni, benefactors, and friends of the university. We can help you produce a poster, advertisement, brochure or other print piece, or Web page. Many steps are involved in creating your final product, and you must ask yourself several important questions when planning.
For printed materials:
- Why do I need this piece?
- Who is the target audience?
- Do I need help writing copy?
- Will it be mailed in an envelope or self-mailed?
- Do I need a business reply card?
- Do I need photography?
- Should I have it printed or photocopied?
- What is my budget, when do I need it, and how many do I need?
For Web production:
- What is the purpose of my page?
- How will the pages flow from one to another?
- Where will my page best fit into the Viterbo Web site as a whole?
Scheduling a Job
After you have answered the above questions, you can get your job scheduled by:
- Contacting Debra Kappmeyer at 608-796-3040
- Completing a Job Initiation Form (pdf) and sending it to communications and marketing
If your print job is a re-run, forward a sample (with needed revisions) to Deb. If the job is new, include any pertinent information or samples and have them available when you meet with Deb to go over your request. Projects and workloads are managed by Deb. If a marketing strategy is required, an additional meeting will be scheduled with Paul Wilhelmson, 608-796-3040 to prepare a marketing plan and to ensure that you get the intended results.