College of Arts and Letters
Welcome to the College of Arts and Letters!
Over a century ago, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration recognized the importance of educating the whole person when they began teaching young students in the La Crosse area. This tradition continues to guide educational directions at Viterbo through liberal arts and professional programs in the fine arts and humanities; Foundations, Ways of Thinking, and Mission Seminars in the core curriculum; and serving as a vital center for the arts and scholarship in the La Crosse region.
Fine Arts and Humanities Programs at Viterbo
- Liberal arts and professional programs in the fine arts and humanities.
- School of Fine Arts majors in studio art, art education, arts administration, music education, music performance, music theatre, and theatre (acting, design/tech, stage management).
- School of Humanities majors in broadfield social studies, English, history, philosophy, religious studies, and Spanish.
- Minors in art, arts administration, English literature, ethics, music, political science, Spanish, sustainability, theatre, and many more!
- Faculty artists and scholars with national/international professional experience.
- Strong emphasis on developing artistic, creative, critical thinking, communication, intercultural, and other skills employers desire.
- Preparation for a broad range of graduate programs, including studio art, English, law, library science, music, education, history, philosophy, and Spanish.
- Opportunities for artistic experiences, paid internships, Honors Program, study abroad, student publications, and student-faculty research.
- A variety of studio, rehearsal, gallery, performance, recording, and design/tech facilities.
- Collaborative partnership for the Weber Center for the Performing Arts.
For more information, contact:
Susan Cosby Ronnenberg, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English