Clinical Laboratory Science at Viterbo
Medical laboratories couldn’t function without the work of clinical laboratory scientists. Their work includes collecting samples and performing tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other samples in health care settings. A graduate from the program at Viterbo describes it this way, “Everyone remembers when they go to the doctor and they have to give blood (or other sample) and then the doctor magically knows how to treat them. Well, that magic is a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.”
Viterbo University offers a unique and dynamic curriculum of study in clinical laboratory science. Study in this exciting and growing field will lead to an array of opportunities to perform critically important work in laboratories and hospitals that includes testing for the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
- State-of-the-art science and laboratory facilities
- Courses in microbiology, molecular and cellular biology, immunology, and cancer biology with an applied medical focus
- Opportunities to engage in research with science faculty
- Strong academic advising
- Active, hands-on (problem based) learning instead of a passive lecture format
- First semester “Science Success” course preparing students for college through career exploration, study strategies, campus resources, and building networks among students in the natural sciences.
- Clinical laboratory scientist
- Forensic scientist
- Laboratory manager
- Medical sales representative
- Quality assurance manager
- Regional blood bank director
- Technical service representative