National Science Foundation (NSF)
CLASS Scholarship at Viterbo University
Viterbo University has been awarded a $600,000 NSF grant to provide scholarships for select incoming students pursuing science degrees. These funds will be used to create a community of NSF CLASS (Community of Learners Achieving Science Success) scholars. Twelve incoming students in both fall 2012 and fall 2013 (24 total) will be awarded scholarships of $5,425 per year (for up to $21,700 over four years). We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
NSF CLASS Scholarship Details
- Available for fall 2012 and fall 2013
- Twelve students (24 total) will be awarded scholarships of $5,425 per year (up to $21,700 over four years)
- Awards are in addition to the merit scholarships (minimum of $7,000 per year)
- The priority deadline is March 27, however, we will continue to review applications until all 12 spots are filled
- 21 ACT or higher
- 3.3 GPA or higher
- Interest in majoring in biochemistry, chemistry, or mathematical physics
- Demonstrated financial need
- Increase enrollment of students with financial need interested in studying biochemistry, chemistry, or mathematical physics.
- Support science students academically so they may overcome any deficits in preparation and perform to the best of their ability.
- Retain science students to graduation through social motivation and professional advocacy.
- Provide students relevant undergraduate research experience that result in peer reviewed publications or presentations.
- Graduate well-prepared science students and assist them in obtaining employment or further education in their field.
Support services include:
- Cohort housing in the first year
- Science Success Course and a Careers in the Sciences Course
- Tutoring and peer mentoring
- Study skills workshops
- Seminar series
- Community service activities
- Paid summer research opportunities
- Visit professional and graduate schools
How to apply:
Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to use Viterbo University code (003911) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Fill out and mail a Viterbo Financial Aid form
Complete a Viterbo University application for admission
Fill out the online scholarship application
For more information, contact:
Partial support for this work was provided by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S STEM) program under Award No. 1154400. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.