All requirements must be completed within seven (7) years of application. A maximum of six credits may be eligible for waivers.
1. Acceptance into the Viterbo University Cross—Categorical Special Education (801) Licensure Program.
2. State issued teaching license.
3. All program courses.
4. A completed passing portfolio based on the WI Educator Standards (WES) and the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) standards.
5. A passing score on the Praxis II Exam (middle school content knowledge test #0146).
6. *NEW* - Wisconsin Act 166 requires a reading test for all candidates completing a Cross Categorical Program (72-801 and 73-801) after Jan. 1, 2014. More details on this test will be announced as they are made available by the state.
NEW DPI required test beginning Jan 1, 2014 http://www.wi.nesinc.com/
7. Upon completion of the program the student is required to fill out a Special Recognition Certificate. Please fill out the form and send it to the program Coordinator. This form is needed for transcripts to reflect a new license.