Add LinkedIn to Your Job Search Strategies
LinkedIn is a professional networking site that can be a boost to all aspects of your career development, including job search. A quality LinkedIn profile provides a forum for the following:
- Building your professional brand
- Connecting with prospective employers
- Enhancing your online presence
- Posting recommendations
- Highlighting your professionalism
Make Your Profile Work for You
- Be thorough. Include relevant internships, jobs, skills, and volunteerism. Use key words of your field. Focus on the value you bring to a potential employer.
- Use a professional headshot. View profiles of leaders in your industry to see what is acceptable. Avoid casual or group pictures.
- Write like a professional. Use full sentences and correct grammar.
- Ask for recommendations. These add instant credibility. Ask past employers, internship supervisors, and professors to endorse or recommend you.
- Network. Connect with groups and businesses related to your field and career plans.
- Connect with Viterbo University alumni via LinkedIn to make and sustain social/professional contacts and networks.
Get Started Today.
Start your LinkedIn profile now at the LinkedIn site. Job Search.com suggests that LinkedIn has reached a point where it is almost unprofessional not to be on LinkedIn. Check out some of the sites below for advise and ideas to help you optimize your LinkedIn activities: