2013 Nursing Career Fair
Thursday, November 14
Nursing Center 195 and Lobby Area
If you have questions or are interested in participating in the 2013 Nursing Career Fair, telephone the Career Services office at 608-796-3828. Submit a registration form for your organization by October 11, 2013.
- Bring employer-ready resumes
- Dress in business casual or interview apparel
- Research some of the healthcare facilities attending the fair
- Prepare your "elevator speech"--introducing yourself, describing your experiences, strengths, goals
- Check-out employment/internships
- Be familiar with career fair guidelines.
Check out the Optimal Resume software to begin building your resume. Explore sample resume formats, review entry-level healthcare examples, and create your own document.
Resume Assistance Sessions
Registration Required. To register, call 608-796-3828 or stop by Murphy 374 at least one day before sessions.
Session 1: Monday, November 4, 6:00-7:30 p.m.Thursday, November 1, 7 p.m., Nursing Center 203
Session 2: Tuesday, November 6, 4 p.m., Nursing Center 205
Resume Check-up Booths
Bring your resume for review from Career Services Staff in the Nursing Center Lobby.
Session 1: Monday, November 4, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Session 2: Thursday, November 7, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Questions for Recruiters
- Does your organization have a nurse internship program?
- Does your organization plan on hiring new graduate nurses?
- What types of opportunities are available for interns/new nurses at your organization?
- What do you look for when selecting nurse interns? new graduate nurses?
- What do you anticipate will be the timeline for applications for internships? for new graduate nurses?
- What type of new nurse orientation/residency program does your organization offer?
- Are you accepting resumes today?
- What are some of the positive aspects of being a nurse in your organization?
- What are some new programs/challenges at your organization?
- What advice would you give to an intern or new graduate nurse applying at your organization?
Recruiters Attending the 2012 Nursing Career Fair :
Aspirus, Wausau, WI
Bethel Home and Services, Inc.; Viroqua, WI
Black River Memorial Hospital, Black River Falls, WI
Brightstar Healthcare, Onalaska, WI
Easter Seals Wisconsin Camp, Wisconsin Dells, WI
Federal Medical Center/Bureau of Prisons, Rochester, MN
Gundersen Lutheran, La Crosse, WI
Lakeview Health Center, West Salem, WI
Logistics Health, Incorporated, La Crosse, WI
Mayo Clinic Health System, Rochester, MN (Representatives with be at the Franciscan booth)
Mayo Clinic Health System--Franciscan Healthcare, La Crosse, WI
Mercy Health System, Janesville, WI
Mercy Medical Center, Dubuque, IA
Ministry Health Care/Affinity Health System, Milwaukee, WI
Riverview Medical Center, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Rural Health Careers in Wisconsin, Sauk City, WI
St. Joseph's Hospital & Sacred Heart Hospital, Chippewa Falls, WI
Tomah Memorial Hospital, Tomah, WI
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI
Villa St. Joseph, La Crosse, WI